Adaptil contains a dog appeasing pheromone (DAP) which can be used in your dogs environment and through a wearable collar to help promote feelings of calm and well-being. Adaptil:
- Promotes feeling of calm and well-being
- Is odourless and easy to use - coming in a diffuser, collar or spray
- Is safe for use with dogs of all ages
Family Friendly Dog Training will have your dog listening to you in no time! Let Patricia McConnell's years of experience and expertise show you how to make training fun, fast and easy. This user-friendly book is used all over the country by progressive trainers and shelters—it's helped over 80,000 dogs and their owners with positive and effective methods that make training a pleasure. Here's just some of what you will learn: Why it's never too late to go "back to basics!" How to teach basic cues like Sit, Down, Come, Heel, & Stay How to teach Leave It, Drop It, and No Jumping like a pro Why positive reinforcement is NOT spoiling your dog with a cookie How to communicate so that your dog understands you Would you like your dog to be polite when visitors ring the doorbell and to come when called? You can have that and much more by following the instructions in this clear and concise training guide. Each of the six chapters describes one week of progressive exercises that will teach your dog to listen, respond to basic cues like “Sit, Stay and Come,” and pay attention to you instead of the squirrel next door. Dog lovers and trainers love this book because it’s as friendly to people as it is to dogs! Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D., CAAB is an Ethologist and Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist who has consulted dog lovers for over twenty years. She is the author of ten books including The Other End of the Leash: Why We Do What We Do Around Dogs and For the Love of a Dog: Understanding Emotion in You and Your Best Friend. Trisha lives on a farm near Madison, Wisconsin and two dogs, one cat and a flock of sheep.
Separation Anxiety (SA) is a serious problem in which your dog panics at your departure and stays panicked until you return. Clear and concise, this easy-to-read booklet is written for anyone who wants to leave the house knowing that their dog is happy and their house is safe. Dogs who suffer from SA are truly panicked about being home alone: they may soil the house, eat the window molding, howl in misery all day, and/or pant, shake, and drool entire lakes of saliva. The good news is that this serious and frustrating problem has a very high treatment success. There is no instant cure, but if you follow the recommended training schedule to the letter, most cases are resolved in 6-8 weeks. I’ll Be Home Soon also distinguishes between dogs with SA and dogs who merely misbehave, and then provides a clear, step-by-step behavior modification program to keep your dog happy and your house safe while you’re away. You'll learn:
- How to distinguish between SA and a dog acting out of boredom
- What causes your dog's SA, and how to determine her specific triggers
- A safe and effective treatment plan
- What to expect as you work through treatment
- How to be proactive and take steps to prevent SA from happening in the first place
This book tells you everything you need to know about welcoming an adolescent or adult dog into your family. We all know that older dogs present their own special joys and challenges; let this easy-to-read book turn your “new dog” into your “best dog ever!” By reading Love Has No Age Limit you will:
- Learn to establish new relationships with time and patience
- Learn what to expect at 3 days, 3 weeks and 3 months
- Know how to avoid overwhelming a new dog
- Use positive training to get started on the right paw
- Understand minor behavioral problems vs. serious problems
Earn how play can enhance your relationship with your dog, improve your dog’s responsiveness, and provide your dog with the mental and physical exercise that he or she needs. Play is fun, but don’t be fooled into thinking it’s just goofy or frivolous. Play is a powerful tool that can teach dogs to come when called, be polite to visitors, and drop the remote control instead of grabbing it and running under the bed! Tired dogs are happy dogs, and there’s nothing like learning the trick “Are You Ashamed of Yourself?” or the game “Find It!” to exercise your dog’s body and brain. And don’t miss the section on “How NOT to play with your dog.” It can prevent some common and serious problems like nipping and biting. (Spoiler: Tug games are great if you do them correctly!) Here are just some of the things this book will enable you to do:
- Play your way to a quiet and contented dog
- Use Games and Tricks to teach manners quickly and effectively
- Find the right toys for your dog
- Use play to solve problems, rather than create them
- Decide whether organized classes are right for you and your dog
- Impress your friends with your dog's new set of tricks
The PP20 Airline Approved Pet Carrier is Australian made and famous for its durability. The PP range of airline approved carriers are Qantas Group aircraft, International airline and IATA approved for the domestic and international airline transport of pets. ** NOTE: Water Bowl, Funnel & Floor INCLUDED in this price. Water bowl & funnel now considered mandatory by most airlines particularly during hot weather. Check with your carrier to confirm requirements **
The PP30 Airline Approved Pet Carrier is Australian made and famous for its durability. The PP range of airline approved carriers are Qantas Group aircraft, International airline and IATA approved for the domestic and international airline transport of pets. ** NOTE: Water Bowl, Funnel & Floor INCLUDED in this price. Water bowl & funnel now considered mandatory by most airlines particularly during hot weather. Check with your carrier to confirm requirements ** Key Features
- Accepted by all Domestic & International carriers
- Ideal for Kittens, Cats and small sized dogs
- Suitable for animals up to 15kg.
- Hardened plastic - built to last
- Easy lock-down screws make assembly quick & easy.
- Easy to clean & disinfect
- Electro welded metal mesh door
- Water bowl, funnel & removable floor INCLUDED.
- Sturdy fold down carry handle.
- Made in Australia.
Engaging, humorous and user-friendly, The Puppy Primer describes a six-week program to get you and your puppy off on the right paw. Designed for puppies under five months of age (see Family Friendly Dog Training for older dogs), you’ll learn how to create the foundation your pup needs to become a well-adjusted and well-behaved member of the family. Here’s what you can look forward to learning with your puppy:
- How to make training fun for BOTH you and your puppy
- How to teach basic cues including Sit, Down, Come, Heel, Stay
- Simple steps for house and crate training
- How to use positive reinforcement without spoiling your puppy
- What to do when adolescence strikes!
We hand make our beautiful Dachshund blankets for your and your fur baby to snuggle up with and stay warm. We use either with a cotton print and a complimenting super soft fleece fabric, or a flannelette backed with a super soft fleece or flannelette. You can choose from any of the fabrics offered. Blue striped Dachshunds cotton Definitely a dashing bunch, Dachshunds and they make awesome prints for fabrics. The Montreaux Drill Fabric is a beautiful fabric inspired by the love for dogs. Made from 100% cotton, this is a strong and durable fabric.
This reader-friendly booklet can help house train a dog of any age, and is available at a low cost for shelters and veterinary clinics to hand out for free if purchased in bulk. Here’s what Kristi Jackson, Director of the Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League has to say about the booklet: “Since providing Way to Go free to all canine adopters, we have seen a reduction in the number of phone calls for help with house breaking, and fewer dogs are returned to our facility due to house breaking issues.” Join us to eliminate elimination problems and keep dogs in their forever homes! Way to Go will enable adopters and new dog owners to:
- Recognize when a dog needs to eliminate
- Have a dog who goes to the toilet when asked
- Clean up accidents to prevent them in the future
- Retrain mature dogs who are using the wrong "bathroom"
- Start a puppy off on the right paw to eliminate future accidents